How to deal with anxiety
Anxiety getting the better of you? It doesn’t have to.
Check out our five top tips to relieve anxiety…
Anxiety can be a crippling disorder that makes life challenging for sufferers and finding effective treatment methods can be as equally challenging.
We’ve put together five top tips to help you relieve anxiety in your day-to-day. Now, we’re not experts, this isn’t advice, it’s just a few great tips to help you along the way.
1. Adopt a healthy lifestyle. It’s been said many times, that adequate sleep, a balanced diet and plenty of exercise really can help to reduce anxiety. Reducing your intake of nicotine, caffeine and/or alcohol may seem like hard work, but it really can help to decrease anxiety levels over time.
Also, a digital detox… disconnecting is good for you! Unplug after dark and enjoy reading a book, cooking dinner, chats with your partner etc. If you’re like me, I am a continual scroller, and then after 10 or so minutes I snap out and go ‘what the heck am I doing?’ That’s when I realise, ‘it’s time to unplug.’
- Try heat therapy! Our Wellness Pod, for example, delivers infra-red radiation that offers gentle yet effective heat. With studies showing that heat therapy can reduce the severity of mild to moderate anxiety, as well as provide other benefits, by increasing the beta-endorphins within an individual’s central nervous system.
3. Enjoy a massage. Whether you opt for a Swedish stone massage or prefer a Himalayan salt massage, the anxiety-busting benefits of a massage are well-documented.
4. Meditate daily. From improving sleep through to enhancing mood and reducing anxiety, meditation has plenty of benefits. Best of all, it’s free and can be done almost anywhere.
5. Consider talking therapy. From CBT to mindfulness and more, there are several different therapies which may provide you with the tools necessary to deal with your anxiety more effectively.
Although anxiety can often be a chronic condition that is difficult to manage, sufferers often find that by adopting the above tips, they will see some relief of their symptoms as the weeks go by. The trick is, to stick with it. Even if you are feeling 1,000 times better, its best to stay on track.